Cat or Dog person?



I know this is a rather random topic, which has been discussed many a time and has probably caused a few arguments. But I thought it would be fun and when I did some research I realised it might even be a bit interesting.
The first few years of my life I really loved cats, wanted to pet them and would have loved to have one as a pet. Sadly my mum’s allergic to cats, so having one as a pet was out of the question. However, our neighbourhood has a lot of cats but being cats they didn’t want anything to do with me, so I started to not like cats very much (I know very childish of me...but I was a child at the time so…please don’t judge me too harshly). I could have sworn they hated me, which over the years I accepted. (Recently I was at a friends house who happens to have a cat. She gave me her attention!! She let me stroke her! I was shocked! And felt so privileged!)
When I was 9 years old we got a dog an absolutely adorable english cocker spaniel, that we named Pebbles. So needless to say I pretty quickly became a dog person...or at least that’s what I would describe myself as before I googled what being a dog person apparently means (to the internet at least).
So according to a study of the Texan University dog people tend to be more social and outgoing and cat people are supposedly more neurotic and “open” (meaning creative, philosophical or nontraditional). Another study at the Carroll University in Wisconsin had similar findings, i.e. dog people seem to be more energetic, again outgoing and follow the rules. They found cat people are more introverted, open-minded and sensitive. So those are the “facts”.
Now I don’t know what to think. I wouldn’t describe myself as either outgoing or philosophical. Admittedly looking at these “definitions” I would say I’m more like a cat person but then i guess this is just proving a great point. Namely that the world isn’t black and white. Instead it has an array of gray tones. 
Who ever thought I would get philosophical about being a dog or cat person??
Are you a cat or a dog person? Do you even care?
(Yes this is a picture of my dog😊)

Take care and wishing you a lovely day

Shaura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School: Teachers

About this Blog

Happy New Year!!