Happy New Year!!


So...it’s been a while hasn’t it. Life (or more uni) took over a bit the last few months. However, I have finally taken the time to sit down and write again. And boy have I missed it! I really need to work on making time for things I enjoy, which actually brings me to what I wanted to write about in this post: New Year Resolutions.
At the beginning of last year I was not in a good place. My mental health wasn’t doing too well, I’d just broken off uni with no idea what to do next or where to start looking. I was not looking forward to the months ahead and felt so unsure about myself and everything in my life. Now 12 months later I think this past year might just be the best year of my life. I travelled for the first time by myself, to see relatives abroad that I’d missed and hadn’t seen in a while. Then I decided to go visit another country with a good friend of mine. I organized the whole trip (something I’d never done before). Said good friend and I are now dating (to absolutely noones surprise). In September I reentered uni and am still happy with my choice.
Now you may be asking yourself, what that has to do with New Year Resolutions. Was mine to travel more? Get myself a boyfriend? Figure out what to do next with my life?
The answer is yes and no to all of them. I’m not a fan of New Year Resolutions. I tried them a few times but inevitably I’d slip-up and feel like a failure. So, a few years ago I decided I didn’t want to set myself up to fail as soon as the year starts and I came somewhat up with my own thing (I’m not saying I’m the first to come up with this...I’m sure there are other people who do this too). As Christmas, my birthday and New Year are all within 8 days of each other it’s often a time when I look back on the past year and what I’ve done with it and my life in general. So what I started to do is, see what I can do to make the next year better than the last and what I’d like to do/achieve in my life. At the moment it sounds a lot like a New Year Resolution but there are two key differences and they are that I can do them anytime of the year and the only real goal is to be proud of myself and what I’ve done at the end of it. And I’ve really got my work cut out for me this year. However, considering how last year managed to be turned around I am very much looking forward to what this new year has instore for me.
To finish this off i would like to share a few things I’d like to achieve this year: pass my driving test, pass my uni exams, write (more), have a more balanced lifestyle and nurture the relationships I care about.
Let me know what your goals are for the next year or what you think of New Year resolutions!
I wish you all a very Happy New Year! Good luck with every new and old thing you do this year and I hope you achieve all your goals, whether they’re New Year Resolutions or not.


Take care and wishing you a lovely day

Shaura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School: Teachers

About this Blog